Breaking

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Sen. Lacson defends the Ombudsman’s decision

Senator Panfilo "Ping" Lacson Sr. Image credit to Google photos

With the Usurpation of Power indictment that the Office of the Ombudsman, headed by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales, considered and charged against former President Benigno Simeon “Ninoy” Aquino III for his implementation of the 72-billion peso Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP), one must not forget that the DAP was tagged “unconstitutional” by the Supreme Court back in 2014.



This is because it’s illegal to declare that the unobligated allotments that was withdrawn from the Department of Budget and Management as savings and have it transferred to cross-border accounts.

This caused the public, as well as a number of lawmakers, to roar since they think that Aquino should be charged with graft and corruption.



Luckily, the notoriously great Senator Panfilo “Ping” Lacson stood up once again and colored up the gray areas by  informing the public that the Ombudsman cannot charge him with graft and corruption for as far as investigations go, he did not pocket the said P72-billion DAP funds.

"What is clear, though, is that former President Aquino did not pocket any DAP money, hence the case filed is for usurpation of legislative powers and not violation of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act," Lacson stated.

Bayan’s Secretary General Renato Reyes, was surprisingly contempted with the Ombudsman’s decision despite having their initial case file against Aquino and his administration junked.

He also stated that they only wish that justice be served.

"We would have preferred that our motion for reconsideration be granted in full, with malversation included in the charges, but we welcome the new findings just the same," Reyes stated.

"We intend to see it through to its logical conclusion so that justice may be served. The people reject pork barrel corruption in all its forms. DAP should never be allowed to happen again," he continued.

Aquino’s spokesperson Abigail Valte, as previously stated, are still awaiting their copy of the said decision.

"We're quite curious to study how the Office arrived at a reversal of its previous decision finding no liability on the part of former President Aquino," the spokesperson stated.

The former Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad was also indicted with the same charges last year but after his motion for reconsideration was rejected, he is still in the same deep waters as Aquino.











What can you say about this?

Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below. For more news and viral updates, feel free to visit our site often. 

Thanks for dropping by and reading this post.









Daily Pilipinas Source: PhilStar

Disclaimer: The images on this blog are copyright of its respectful owners. Photographs are for illustration purposes only, we do not possess the photos and no copyright encroachment is expected. So, if the photos showing up on this blog belong to you and does not wish for it to appear on this site, please send us an email with the link of the image and it will be instantly removed from the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment